About Taryl Enderson
Taryl is an accomplished business professional with over 24 years of experience in executive, financial, and operational management as well as systems integration, public accounting, corporate accounting, and internal auditing.
He has built his portfolio of expertise from the ground up, starting out as the bookkeeper for a small agricultural cooperative in Minnesota before adding 7 years in public accounting and auditing to his knowledge base. While an internal auditor for The Schwan Food Company ($3 billion annual revenue) Taryl’s focus was compliance and documentation of internal controls, for their financial and manufacturing processes, throughout many of their food manufacturing and distribution facilities. Taryl joined Minnesota Soybean Processors (MnSP) in 2007 as Controller/CFO establishing and implementing their accounting systems and as their CEO/CFO increasing revenues from $300 million to $550 million annually.
Among his areas of expertise are managing all levels of accounting, information technology, human resources, legal, operations, and insurance and investor relations. He has taken a company from being strangled by restrictive bank covenants to thriving as a debt free entity. He has worked to streamline processes and identify the most efficient ways to make a business successful. His longtime work history from the bottom all the way to the top of the corporate ladder ensures he is well prepared to support clients as they seek expert guidance and service.
Taryl has extensive knowledge working with agricultural cooperatives, renewable fuels and energy, food manufacturing, retail sales, and regulatory issues. Taryl has designed and implemented ERP systems, established and enforced internal controls, recruited, trained and streamlined accounting departments and presented financial and business reports to Board of Directors and Shareholders. He has been involved in strategic planning, financial modeling, company restructuring, consolidations, and negotiations. Taryl has lobbied at both the state and federal levels on behalf of his industry and employers.
As a senior manager with verifiable multi-year success achieving increased profits, building shareholder value, strategic planning and business growth objectives, Taryl has a wealth of experience to assist in all aspects of a business’s decision making needs. Whether it is managing growth, overseeing transition or identifying areas of stress, Taryl is prepared to collaborate with your business to find and implement solutions through promoting high standards of integrity and quality, team building, employee growth and communication.
High Value areas of expertise include:
- Strategic and long-term planning
- Acquisition Due Diligence
- Banking and Investor relations
- Risk Management and Insurance including claims
Other areas of expertise include:
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Information Technology including implementation
- Evaluation, hiring and training of finance staff
- Accurate and timely financial reporting – management and external
- Efficient month-end closing procedures to ensure timely reporting
- Regulatory compliance
- Expense reduction and cost containment
- Establishment/Enhancement of Internal Controls
- Human resource initiatives including benefits, performance measurements, incentive compensation plans and succession planning
- External Audit and Legal support
- Manufacturing, logistics, and distribution
- Government Relations
Taryl earned his Bachelors of Science in Accounting from Southwest Minnesota State University, and his Bachelor of Science in Commercial Economics along with a minor in Computer Science from South Dakota State University. Taryl is a Certified Public Accountant and Certified Internal Auditor with memberships to the Minnesota Society of CPAs, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, as well as the Institute of Internal Auditors. He is a past member of the National Biodiesel Board and Minnesota Biodiesel Council.
Taryl and his wife Teresa, along with their 3 children, currently reside in Herriman, UT after being lifelong residents of southwest Minnesota. His family is enjoying life in the beautiful Salt Lake Valley and the many outdoor opportunities the area has to offer.
- Southwest Minnesota State University
- South Dakota State University
Certificates & Licenses:
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Internal Auditor
- Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Institute of Internal Auditors
- Salt Lake Chamber of Commerce
- Utah BNI – Business by Referral Chapter