Need help in planning and executing sales growth opportunities in your small business? The Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses is a $500 million investment to help entrepreneurs create jobs and grow sales by providing improved access to education, financial capital, and business support services. The program currently operates in Chicago, Cleveland, Detroit, Houston, Long Beach, Los Angeles, Miami, New Orleans, New York, Philadelphia and Salt Lake City. It continues to expand on a city-by-city basis.
Leading business schools have partnered with local community colleges to develop classes that you can apply immediately to address critical issues within your business.
- Identifying and evaluating business opportunities
- Understanding and managing the competitive business environment
- Analyzing financial statements and using them to make management decisions
- Accessing financial capital
- Leading a growing business
If your business has a minimum of four employees and has been in business for at least 2 years, it may be eligible. The process and benefits of the program:
- Take a practical and hands-on 11-session business course designed by Babson College, a leader in entrepreneurship education.
- Learn to identify opportunities, develop your leadership skills and maximize your business operations.
- Receive one-on-one business advising from local experts and create your own customized business growth plan.
- Learn from and with other small business owners in a collaborative setting, with years of collective business experience.
- The program is provided at no cost.
The program is focused on a collaborative, participative format that is designed to engage the business owners in a group setting where the skills and experience of the group are accessed. For more information check out this website:
Don Lundbom is a faculty member for the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses financial programs in Salt Lake City and he also provides financial and management advisory services to small businesses.